EducationUniversity of Kansas
School of Law
Bar AdmissionsArizona, 2006
United States District Court, 2006
Ms. Tivorsak joined Jones, Skelton & Hochuli as an Associate in 2013, where she has focused her practice on civil litigation and insurance defense, and criminal defense. Since joining the firm, Ms.
Tivorsak has worked with several partners defending civil rights and Section
1983 claims, discrimination claims (including age, gender, and disability
discrimination), claims of wrongful discharge, personal injury claims, and
contract disputes. Her experience in
representing indigent defendants gives her a unique perspective in evaluating
the strength of each case to effectively defend both public and private
Prior to joining the firm, Ms.
Tivorsak worked for the Maricopa County Public Defender’s Office where she
tried over thirty five jury trials, representing clients charged with all types
of major non-capital felony offenses. As
an attorney at Jones, Skelton & Hochuli, she continues to represent clients
charged with a variety of criminal offenses.
Outside of the office, Ms. Tivorsak enjoys
running, swimming, snow skiing, golfing, spending time with her dog Bogey and
watching Kansas Jayhawks basketball. She
also volunteers her time to interview prospective students applying for
boarding school and college.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- State Bar of Arizona (Member)
- Arizona Women Lawyers Association (Member)
- Phillips Exeter Academy Alumni Association (Alumni Interviewer, 2010-present)
- Yale University Alumni Association (Alumni Interviewer, 2008-present, Volunteer, Yale Day of Service, May 2011)
- National Moot Court competition (Attorney Advisor, 2013, Volunteer Judge, 2011)
Presentations & Publications
- “Taking The Bite Out Of Damages: Recoverability, Legal Defenses, and Current Trends,” Presenter, 2014 JSH Annual Seminar: It’s All Fun and Games Until Someone Gets Hurt, November 2014