Alex LaCroix has significant litigation experience in premises liability, product liability, automotive accident, insurance bad faith, dram shop, UM/UIM, trucking and commercial cases. He has represented individuals, international businesses and some of the nation’s largest insurance companies.
Alex is an Arizona native with deep roots in the Valley of the Sun, where his family helped pioneer the Arabian horse industry. Alex is an alumnus of Brophy College Preparatory, the University of Arizona, and Arizona State University (where he served as convocation speaker for his graduating law school class). Alex is also a serial entrepreneur whose experience running start-up companies—from wine software and dietary supplement companies to a grassroots organization aimed at feeding the hungry in Chile—provide him with unique experience and perspective as both a provider and consumer of legal services. Alex uses his unique experience and perspective in managing, preparing and resolving cases for his clients, treating them the same way he expects to be treated from initiation through trial.
- Litigation team in a $38 million coverage dispute that was resolved successfully on appeal.
- Trial team in a six-figure engine fire case involving claims for breach of contract, breach of warranty, and negligence that settled favorably on the eve of trial.
- Trial team in a seven-figure auto-accident case involving claims for negligence that settled on the eve of trial.
- Trial team in a six-figure premises liability claim resolved favorably after successful pretrial motion practice.
- Trial team in a six-figure medical malpractice action resulting in a defense verdict.
- First chair in a landlord-tenant case that resolved favorably via voluntary dismissal with prejudice on the first day of trial.
- Summary judgment in a six-figure construction defect case involving claims for breach of contract, breach of warranty and negligence.
- Summary judgment in multiple five- and six-figure premises liability matters.
- Summary judgment in multiple internet defamation lawsuits involving claims of trade libel and tortious interference with contract.
- Alex frequently presents on the intersection of law and entrepreneurship at ASU’s W.P. Carey School of Business and the University of Arizona’s Eller College of Management. His entrepreneurial endeavors have been covered by national media outlets, including CBS, NBC and Fox, as well as local outlets including on the cover of the Phoenix Business Journal and the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law Alumni Newsletter (discussing alumni who are “blazing trails” in creative ways).
- “Super Soldiers (Part 2): The Ethical, Legal and Operational Implications,” Contributing Author, Global Issues and Ethical Considerations in Human Enhancement Technologies, April 2014
- “Enhanced Warfighter: Risk, Ethics, and Policy,” a report funded by the Greenwall Foundation, Contributing Author, 2013
Arizona State University, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, J.D., 2012
Moot Court, Participant & Award Winner Sports and Entertainment Law Journal, Senior Editor & Director of Business Affairs
University of Arizona, B.S., Entrepreneurship, B.S., Marketing, summa cum laude, with Honors, 2008