Taryn Campbell focuses her practice in the areas of auto liability defense, general civil litigation, and insurance defense. Prior to joining JSH, Taryn worked as in-house counsel for a major insurance company where she handled bodily injury, property damage, auto, and fire casualty claims. She also worked in private practice handling contested foreclosures for clients.
While in law school, Taryn worked as a certified legal extern at the State of Connecticut Prosecutor’s Office, was an assistant clerk at the Quinnipiac Sappern Fellowship Judicial District Court of New Haven, and worked as a certified legal extern at the State of Connecticut Office of the Victim Advocate.
• Obtained unanimous jury verdict in favor of client in a liability dispute case involving a parking lot accident. Plaintiff claimed injuries and subsequent surgeries. Defense expert testified that Plaintiff’s injuries were pre-existing and not affected by the accident.
• Served as lead defense counsel in liability dispute where Plaintiff was the passenger in car driven by Co-Defendant. Obtained unanimous jury verdict in favor of client. Plaintiff assessed Rule 77 sanctions, as well as costs and fees.
• Represented client in a case involving property damage, where liability was admitted. Obtained defense verdict in bench trial in favor of original amount given by appraiser for the total loss of Plaintiff’s vehicle.
• Obtained defense verdict in bench trial in a case involving property damage and diminished value, with liability admitted. Plaintiff claimed $16,000 in diminished value. Defense expert determined no inherent diminished value because the vehicle, an Audi R-8 Spyder, was rare enough and had such limited availability that it would not suffer due to prior damage.
• Served as lead counsel in a motor vehicle case involving property damage and liability dispute. Insurer made subrogation claim for other driver involved. Obtained a defense verdict in bench trial.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- University of Arizona Alumni Association
- Criminal Law Society at Quinnipiac
- Latino Law Student Society at Quinnipiac
- Quinnipiac University School of Law Admissions Ambassadors
- Arizona Bar Association Young Lawyers Division
- Maricopa County Bar Association
Professional Recognitions & Awards
- Member of the Quinnipiac Health Law Journal, 2010-2011
- Phi Eta Sigma Undergraduate Collegiate National Honor Society
- Alpha Kappa Delta (Alpha chapter) Undergraduate Sociology Honor Society
- Quinnipiac Sappern Fellow, 2009
National Institute for Trial Advocacy, Advanced Trial Skills Program, 2015
Quinnipiac University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2011
University of Arizona, B.A., Major in Sociology, Minor in Latin American Studies, 2008