Amelia Esber primarily practices in the areas of automobile and commercial trucking defense. Her practice also includes the defense of other personal injury claims such as those involving premises liability, product defects, dram shop liquor liability and wrongful death.
Amelia previously worked in the Phoenix office of a large national law firm in the labor and employment practice group. There, she developed her occupational safety and health defense practice. Her experience in this area includes counseling and defending employers grappling with workplace safety and health issues, including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) investigations, contesting alleged safety and health violations in administrative hearings and appealing administrative decisions to higher appellate courts.
Away from the office, Amelia enjoys exploring new Phoenix restaurant hotspots and cheering on The Ohio State Buckeyes. She is also a pet lover and avid true crime enthusiast.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Ladder Down Graduate, 2019
- American Bar Association
Professional Recognition & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America®: Ones to Watch, Commercial Litigation, 2021
- Southwest Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars, Employment Litigation: Defense, 2020-2021
Presentations & Publications
- “The World Has Changed: Legal Considerations for Organizations Returning to the Workplace or Managing a Remote Workforce,” Co-Presenter, Southwest Nonprofit Conference, October 2020
- “Managing Business Needs During A Pandemic,” Snell & Wilmer Webinar, April 2020
- “Not All Face Masks Are Created Equal: What Employers Should Know Before Distributing Dust Masks or Respirators in the Workplace,” Co-Author, Snell & Wilmer Legal Alert, April 2020
- “OSHA Recordable and Reportable COVID-19 Illnesses,” Co-Author, Snell & Wilmer Legal Alert, March 2020
- “COVID-19 & OSHA: Taking the Body Temperatures of Employees,” Author, Snell & Wilmer Legal Alert, March 2020
- “Practical Guidance for Employers Grappling with the Coronavirus Threat,” Co-Author, Snell & Wilmer Legal Alert, March 2020
- “Top Safety Liability Issues You Create,” Presenter, Arizona Utilities Supervisors Association (AUSA), October 2019
- “Labor & Employment Toolkit: Recording and Reporting Workplace Injuries and Illnesses Under The OSH Act,” Presenter, Snell & Wilmer Client Event, October 2019
- “The Trump OSHA Administration and ADOSH Hot Topics,” Presenter, American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE), December 2017
- “Occupational Opaqueness: The Uncertain Future of OSHA Regulation and the Electronic Recordkeeping and Reporting Rule,” Author, Snell & Wilmer Workplace Word, August 2017
University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2014
The Ohio State University, B.S., Psychology, cum laude, 2011
U.S. District Court, District of Arizona