Dave Stout concentrates his practice primarily in the area of trucking and transportation defense. He also represents clients in matters involving wrongful death and personal injury, general civil litigation, insurance defense, and commercial and business litigation. For cases set for arbitration, Dave evaluates and conducts effective discovery, representing clients through the arbitration hearing and navigating post-hearing issues.
Outside the office, Dave can be found golfing, hiking or skiing. He also enjoys cheering on the Arizona Cardinals as a season ticket holder.
- Obtained defense verdict in favor of a motor carrier involved in a rear-end motor vehicle accident on Interstate 10.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel, Young Lawyers Division, Board of Directors, 2009-2011
- Arizona State University Chi Phi Fraternity, Alumni Advisor
Professional Recognitions & Awards
- Southwest Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2013-Present
- Peer Review Rating of 0 out of 5.0 by Martindale Hubbell
Presentations & Publications
- “Arbitration Basics: Strategy for Discovery and Hearing Preparation,” Presenter, AADC’s Young Lawyers Division Fall CLE, November 2016
- “Has Exposure to Punitive Damages Increased in Arizona?,” Author, JSH Reporter, Summer 2015
- “Taking The Bite Out Of Damages: Recoverability, Legal Defenses, and Current Trends,” Presenter, JSH Annual Seminar: It’s All Fun and Games Until Someone Gets Hurt, November 2014
- “Practitioners Beware: Unfavorable Allegations and Disclosure Can Be Used Against Your Client,” Author, JSH Reporter, Summer 2014
- Discussion Facilitator, Great West’s Annual Convention, March 2012
- “An Overview of Arizona Law,” Presenter, June 2011
- “Dram Shop Liability in Arizona: The Sobering Truth,” Author, News & Views (published by the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of Arizona, Inc.), May/June 2010
Southwestern University School of Law, J.D., 2006
University of Arizona, B.S., 2003
U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 2006