Jones, Skelton & Hochuli (JSH) is based in downtown Phoenix, Arizona, with an office in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and virtual presence in Utah.
Founded in 1983, JSH’s trial and appellate attorneys defend insureds, self-insureds, government entities, corporations, and professional liability insureds throughout Arizona, New Mexico, and Utah. Recognized as highly skilled, aggressive defenders of the legal and business communities, JSH lawyers have extensive trial and appellate experience in both state and federal courts in the areas of insurance and insurance coverage defense.
Today, we have over 100 attorneys and 110 legal support staff, many of whom have spent their entire career at JSH. We are proud to promote outstanding staff from within the firm.
JSH offers competitive benefits, including:
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Maternity leave
- 401K matching
- Firm-sponsored wellness programs and contests
- Casual jeans days
- Subsidized parking and public transportation
IT DIRECTOR – Jones, Skelton & Hochuli, one of Phoenix’s oldest and most prestigious downtown law firms, seeks an experienced IT Director. The IT Director is a member of the Management Team.
- Develop, implement, and continuously improve upon IT plans and operations for the Firm’s Networks, virtual desktop infrastructure, document and records management systems (iManage, cloud), operating systems, application software, hardware, Internet, Intranet, mobile communications litigation support services and training
- Analyze complex business needs presented by the user community and/or clients; recommend and implement technical solutions
- Ensure the consistency and operability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for technical resources
- Produce detailed timeline for each application release and implement effective project control by monitoring the progress of the software release and reporting the status
- Participate in all hardware and software evaluations and maintain vendor contracts
- Perform liaison duties between users, operations, and programming personnel in the areas of systems design, modifications or troubleshooting
- Develop, implement, and maintain Computer Security Plans to include data security, system security, disaster recovery, and computer use in concert with internal requirements and external governing agency requirements
- Maintain and upgrade as needed all video conferencing and audio-visual equipment
- Maintain a professional posture and positive service environment to ensure prompt, courteous attention to internal and external user needs
- Lead and supervise IT Department staff
- In conjunction with the Director of Administration and Management Team, plan, develop, organize, implement, direct, and evaluate the Firm’s support functions
- Develop credibility and value: 1) by providing timely and accurate analyses of budgets, project proposals and business needs and trends and 2) through effective solutions to business challenges
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Ten or more years’ related experience at the senior IT management level
- Experience in the most current hardware, software, networking, databases and programming technologies and products used in the industry
- Experience with virtual desktop infrastructures and document/records management systems
- Ability to achieve goals through direct and indirect influence and collaboration
- Excellent communication skills
- A self-starter who is organized, highly motivated, takes initiative, is able to prioritize work, multi-task, work independently, and manage the demands of multiple time-sensitive tasks
- Law firm experience is a plus
Please send your cover letter, salary requirement, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. AA/EOE.
Legal Professionals Recruiting
LITIGATION PARALEGALS – Join our growing team of 95+ lawyers and 30+ paralegals! JSH is hiring experienced paralegals to handle substantive work within our Medical Malpractice, Construction Defect and General Liability Teams. Ideal candidates will have their paralegal certificate, 3+ years of law firm experience, and substantial diverse experience. Knowledge of expert witnesses is desirable, but not required.
• Investigate medical claims, analyze medical files, prepare chronologies, perform medical research, and provide case evaluation and risk assessment
• Prepare witness and matter materials for case preparation
• Research and analyze law sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, treaties, constitutions, and legal codes
• Prepare affidavits and maintain document file
• Prepare for and attend trials
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and a team-oriented working environment. A resume and cover letter are required for consideration. Email your resume to email@example.com. AA/EOE
Administrative Professionals Recruiting
AP CLERK – Jones, Skelton & Hochuli, one of Phoenix’s oldest and most prestigious downtown law firms, seeks an experienced AP Clerk to join the accounting team processing accounts payable, basic billing and collection work in a fast-paced environment. Qualified candidates should have 3-5 years of accounting experience. The ideal candidate will have a stable work history, exceptional communication, and organizational skills, along with stellar attention to detail. We offer a competitive salary, benefits package, and a team-oriented working environment. EOE/AA. Email your resume and salary requirement to: firstname.lastname@example.org
BILLING CLERK – Jones, Skelton & Hochuli (JSH) is located in the heart of downtown Phoenix, close to state and federal courts, retail centers, 100+ restaurants, major league sports arenas, and arts and cultural institutions. Founded in 1983, JSH began as an insurance defense firm. Today we have 90+ attorneys and 100+ legal support staff, many of whom have spent their entire career at JSH. We are proud to promote outstanding staff from within the firm.
JSH is growing and seeking a Billing Clerk to join the accounting team producing client billing invoices. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a solid understanding of GAAP, have 3-5 years of accounting/law firm experience, understand client billing guidelines, and possess the ability to handle heavy electronic billing. The candidate must have both strong oral and written communication skills, detail-oriented, and a team player capable of handling tasks and assignments with minimal supervision. Rippe & Kingston/SurePoint experience a plus. We offer an excellent salary, benefits package, and an outstanding work environment. Please send resume and salary requirement to email@example.com. AA/EOE