Jones, Skelton & Hochuli (JSH) is located in the heart of downtown Phoenix, close to state and federal courts, retail centers, 100+ restaurants, major league sports arenas, and arts and cultural institutions. Our modern office occupies the top four floors of the Ren One Tower at Renaissance Square, and boasts city-wide views and 24-hour secure underground parking. The firm’s spacious employee café offers comfortable seating, complimentary beverages, small appliances for preparing meals, and satellite TV. We host several employee-appreciation events throughout the year, including educational luncheons and holiday celebrations, as well as extensive in-house CLE and trial programs for attorneys.
Founded in 1983, JSH began as an insurance defense firm. Today we have 90+ attorneys and 110 legal support staff, many of whom have spent their entire career at JSH. We are proud to promote outstanding staff from within the firm.
JSH offers competitive benefits, including:
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Maternity leave
- 401K matching
- Firm-sponsored wellness programs and contests
- Casual jeans days
- Subsidized parking and public transportation
PARALEGALS – JSH is growing and seeking paralegals to join the General Civil Litigation team. Qualified candidates must have a strong understanding of local, State and Federal court rules. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, work well independently and within a team setting. Candidates must be highly motivated and have a stable work history, exceptional communication, and the ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Organize documents and coordinate document productions
- Investigate medical claims, analyze medical files, prepare chronologies, perform medical research, and provide case evaluation and risk assessment
- Research and analyze law sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, treaties, constitutions, and legal codes
- Prepare witness and matter materials for case preparation
- Prepares affidavits of documents and maintains document file
- Prepare for and attend trials
The successful candidate will have a paralegal certificate from an accredited paralegal school. The candidate will also have at least 5 years paralegal experience in the law firm setting and have substantial diverse experience, good organizational skills, and the ability to analyze legal files and provide clear information to attorneys and other staff. Knowledge of expert witnesses is desirable but not required.
DOCKETING CLERK – The ideal candidate will have a stable work history in a law firm, exceptional communication and organizational skills along with stellar attention to detail. Must be able to follow direction and balance both working independently and on a team. Deadlines are crucial and a successful candidate will need to work effectively under time constraints. Must be able to type at least 60 words a minute. Responsibilities include reading and comprehension of rules in order to apply them for docketing purposes, calendar & deadline management, and handling confidential firm management information.
JSH offers a competitive salary, benefits package and a team-oriented working environment. To apply for an administrative position, email your resume and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org. AA/EOE
ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY – JSH is seeking an associate attorney with 2+ years of civil litigation experience, preferably in auto defense. The ideal candidate will possess a good understanding of civil litigation and a desire to provide exceptional client service. Candidates must be highly motivated and have excellent academic credentials. Our firm offers a collaborative and supportive environment, complete with professional development programs including in-house CLE and Trial College, and the opportunity to try cases to a jury.
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school
- Active member in good standing with the Arizona State Bar
- Applicable experience with motion practice, discovery dispute, conducting depositions, making court appearances and trial preparation
- Excellent oral advocacy and written communications skills
We offer a competitive salary, transparent bonus structure and comprehensive benefits. Email your cover letter, salary requirement and resume to email@example.com. AA/EOE