Jones, Skelton & Hochuli (JSH) is located in the heart of downtown Phoenix within walking distance of state and federal courts.
Founded in 1983, JSH began as an insurance defense firm. Today we have 90 attorneys and 110 legal support staff, many of whom have spent their entire career at JSH. We are proud to promote outstanding staff from within the firm.
JSH offers competitive benefits, including:
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Maternity leave
- 401K matching
- Firm-sponsored wellness programs and contests
- Casual jeans days
- Subsidized parking and public transportation
LEGAL NURSE CONSULTANT – JSH is seeking a full-time, in-house Legal Nurse Consultant to work with our Medical Malpractice Defense Team. The candidate must have a current RN license, 3+ years of clinical nursing experience and 1+ year of legal experience. Paralegal experience is beneficial, but not required. The ideal candidate will have a stable work history, good narrative writing skills, be a good communicator and have meticulous organizational skills. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and a team-oriented working environment. Email your resume to email@example.com. AA/EOE
LITIGATION PARALEGALS – Join our growing team of 90+ lawyers and 30+ paralegals! JSH is hiring experienced paralegals to handle substantive work within our General Civil Litigation Team. Ideal candidates will have their paralegal certificate, 3+ years of law firm experience, and substantial diverse experience. Knowledge of expert witnesses is desirable, but not required.
• Investigate medical claims, analyze medical files, prepare chronologies, perform medical research, and provide case evaluation and risk assessment
• Prepare witness and matter materials for case preparation
• Research and analyze law sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, treaties, constitutions, and legal codes
• Prepare affidavits and maintain document file
• Prepare for and attend trials
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and a team-oriented working environment. Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. AA/EOE
ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY – JSH is seeking an associate attorney with 4+ years of insurance defense experience, with a good understanding of civil litigation. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, have excellent academic credentials, and have a strong desire to provide exceptional client service. Our firm offers a collaborative and supportive environment, complete with professional development programs including in-house CLE and Trial College, and the opportunity to try cases to a jury.
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school
- Active member in good standing with the Arizona State Bar
- Applicable experience with motion practice, discovery dispute, conducting depositions, making court appearances and trial preparation
- Excellent oral advocacy and written communications skills
We offer a competitive salary, transparent bonus structure and comprehensive benefits. Email your cover letter, salary requirement and resume to email@example.com. AA/EOE