JSH’s Arizona office seeks an Attorney Recruiting Manager to join the admin team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for recruiting and hiring, a stable work history, exceptional communication and organizational skills, and stellar attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports to Director of Administration
- Manages and administers the recruitment of attorneys for all JSH offices. Activities include but are not limited to; collaborating with trial group leaders, Recruiting Committee, and other lawyers to determine hiring needs and best ways to source candidates; manage solicited and unsolicited resume process, including screening all resumes, routing resumes to appropriate attorneys, coordinating candidate interview schedules for attorneys and Recruiting Committee; corresponding with candidates throughout the recruitment and hiring process; ensuring required documentation is obtained; overseeing candidate diligence process; drafting offer letters, and responding to inquiries.
- Manages and administers the diversity law clerk and summer law student program in all offices. Activities include but are not limited to; organizing on-campus recruiting initiatives; developing and fostering relationships with key law schools and their career services personnel; reviewing candidate resumes; managing the on-campus interview (“OCI”) process along with the Recruiting Committee and other designated attorneys; and planning, coordinating, and attending law student program events throughout the year (including substantive and social events during the summer program).
- Collaborate with the Diversity Committee to identify qualified candidates to interview and hire.
- Greet and host candidates and provide required information to all candidates. Coordinate and monitor follow-up for, laterals, new associates, and law students.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating firm ads, website announcements, monitors social media.
- Monitor all new hires for at least the first 30 days to make sure they are properly assigned, have sufficient work, and a mentor. This includes meeting new lawyers on their first day and at the end of their onboarding training to ensure they collaborate with their partners, mentors, and assigned staff.
- Regularly reviews recruitment and hiring processes and recommends modifications that result in better efficiencies.
- Participate in recruiting conference calls with all JSH offices.
- Coordinate all correspondence and recordkeeping of active and inactive applicants in various firm systems.
- Monitors the attorney recruiting budget, approving recruiting-related expenses and routing invoices for same.
- In conjunction with the Training Department, coordinates arrangements and orientation for Summer and Fall Associates, and all incoming new attorney hires.
- In conjunction with the Marketing Department, develops marketing materials and gifts for law student recruiting and new attorney hiring as necessary.
- Keep apprised of market trends for legal recruiting market.
- Maintains knowledge of industry best practices impacting compliance, policy, and the recruitment and retention of attorneys by establishing contacts in the legal industry (e.g., professional associations and educational groups, and professional development efforts)
- Collects recruiting data and responds to surveys from the American Lawyer, NALP, and other organizations.
- Assists Director of Administration with special projects.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits package, and a team-oriented working environment. EOE/AA. Email your resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org