Brandi is committed to providing her clients with exceptional legal counsel. She defends clients against claims involving dram shop liability, premises liability, wrongful death and personal injury, professional liability, and Section 1983 defense. She represents clients in a variety of industries including retail and hospitality, medical and healthcare, legal, accounting, and governmental and quasi-governmental entities.
Prior to pursing her undergraduate degree, Brandi served in the United States Army as an Aerial Intelligence Specialist aboard the OV-1 Mohawk aircraft. Brandi remains committed to service, and volunteers her time with local nonprofit agencies.
In her spare time, Brandi enjoys traveling, scuba diving, and the outdoors. Additionally, she is a horse enthusiast and trains and rides in the discipline of dressage.
• Obtained defense verdict in favor of client in a Section 1983 case where Plaintiff alleged that his civil rights had been violated, had been subjected to overt retaliation from prison officials, and had been denied necessary medical care.
• Obtained summary judgment in favor of municipal client where Plaintiffs alleged that their family member committed suicide due to medical negligence and security failures. Summary judgment was upheld on appeal.
• Obtained defense verdict in favor of client in a Section 1983 case where Plaintiff alleged negligent medical care while serving a prison sentence, which negatively impacted his life expectancy and overall medical prognosis.
• Obtained summary judgment in favor of a tavern where Plaintiff was seriously injured as a result of a motor vehicle accident caused by a drunk driver that had allegedly been overserved at the tavern. Summary judgment was upheld on appeal.
• Obtained summary judgment in favor of medical group where Plaintiff alleged she suffered extensive and permanent scarring to her face following a cosmetic procedure. Successfully defended the summary judgment award on appeal.
• Prevailed on declaratory action in federal court where Plaintiffs sought to enforce Navajo Tribal Jurisdiction over motor vehicle accident that occurred on state highway. The award was ultimately upheld by the United States Supreme Court.
Professional Associations & Memberships
Brandi is an active member of firm leadership, serving on the Charity Committee and Recruiting Committee, where she also mentors new associates. Her memberships outside the firm include:
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- The Horace Rumpole Inn of Court, Barrister
- Arizona Bar Association, Member
- Maricopa County Bar Association, Member
- USLAW Network, Women’s Law Committee
Professional Recognitions & Awards
- Southwest Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2013-Present
Presentations & Publications
- “The Nuts and Bolts of Defending a Dram Shop Case,” Co-Presenter, Local First Liquor Liability Seminar, February 2017
- “The Perils of Jingle Bells: Understand and Avoid Liquor Liability,” Author, The Record Reporter, Vol. 101 / No. 138, November 2015
- “The Art of Responding to Being Underestimated,” Co-Presenter, 2015 USLAW Women’s Connection Conference, May 2015
- “Update in Correctional Health Law and Ethics,” Co-Presenter, American Jail Association’s 34th Annual Conference and Jail Expo, April 2015, 2016, 2017
- “Emerging Trends: An Overview of New Case Law and Developments,” Presenter, JSH Annual Seminar: It’s All Fun and Games Until Someone Gets Hurt, November 2014
- “Off With Their Heads! How to Avoid Falling Victim to Female Stereotypes in the Courtroom,” Co-Presenter, USLAW Webinar, August 2014
- “Update in Correctional Health Care Law and Ethics,” Presenter, American Jail Association Conference, April 2014
- “ABA v. NSA: An Unhelpful Exchange,” Author, DRI Today, March 2014
- “Retail, Restaurant and Hospitality Guide to Arizona Premises Liability,” USLAW Compendium, Co-Author, February 2014
- “Thugs, Thieves, and Litigation: A Few Things to Consider When Your Civil Suit Becomes a Criminal Problem,” Presenter, USLAW Women’s Connection, May 2012
- “Describing the Empty Chair,” Author, JSH Reporter, Winter 2009
University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law, J.D., 2007
University of Arizona B.A., summa cum laude, 2005
U.S. District Court, District of Arizona