Dan King practices in the areas of transportation law, professional liability, and bad faith. Dedicated to serving his clients when they most need his counsel, Dan is a member of the firm’s Rapid Response Team, a dedicated group of attorneys on-call to assist clients whenever there is a trucking/transportation accident or our clients require immediate counsel.
Dan is a third-generation Phoenician. In his spare time, he coaches his daughters’ softball and soccer teams with varying degrees of success. He is also a member of the firm’s Recruiting Committee.
- Obtained a defense verdict in favor of a mental health facility after six day trial. Plaintiff alleged the mental health facility was negligent for the elopement of a patient which resulted in an altercation between the patient and Plaintiff. Plaintiff claimed over $1.3 Million in damages.
- Obtained a defense verdict in favor of a major insurance carrier after a four week trial. Plaintiffs alleged that the insurance carrier committed bad faith and sought over $3 Million in damages.
- Obtained defense verdicts in several justice courts throughout Arizona for national telecommunications company.
- Obtained summary judgment for a major motor carrier where Plaintiff alleged he was severely injured as a result of unsecured cargo.
- Obtained summary judgment for storage facility regarding premises liability claim. The Court found that the condition was open and obvious.
- Obtained dismissal of a major motor carrier in personal injury action based on Plaintiff’s failure to obtain a reassignment from worker’s compensation carrier.
- Obtained dismissal of a major motor carrier against lienholder asserting lien rights after trial under A.R.S.§ 33-932.
- Settled wrongful death claim for a major transportation company at significant savings based on Plaintiff’s failure to properly probate estate’s claims.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel, Young Lawyers Division, Social Committee
- Brophy College Preparatory Alumni Association, Member
Professional Recognitions & Awards
- Southwest Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2013-Present
Presentations & Publications
- “Emerging Trends: An Overview of New Case Law and Developments,” Presenter, JSH Annual Seminar: It’s All Fun and Games Until Someone Gets Hurt, November 2014
- “How to Master On-Campus Interviews and Life as a Summer Associate,” Presenter, Arizona State University Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, 2011-Present
- “How to Survive a Deposition as a Claims Adjuster,” Presenter, 2014
- “New Ethics Opinions Underscore an Attorney’s Limitations in Representing Absent Clients,” Author, JSH Reporter, 2010
Arizona College of Trial Advocacy, 2013
Santa Clara University School of Law, J.D., 2008
St. Louis University, B.S., magna cum laude, 2004
U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 2009