Jeff Collins dedicates his practice to representing insurance carriers in coverage-related issues. He helps clients with policy interpretation in the first- and third-party contexts and litigation in various lines of insurance, including commercial, professional and personal. In addition, Jeff has extensive experience representing insurance carriers in litigation involving all types of insurance-related disputes, such as actions for declaratory judgment, breach of contract and insurance bad faith.
- Twin City Fire Ins. Co. v. Leija, 244 Ariz. 493 (Ariz. 2018) (claimants who settle third-party claims are not entitled to post-settlement trials to determine percentage of employer fault solely to reduce or extinguish a workers’ compensation carrier’s lien).
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel
Professional Recognitions & Awards
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America®, Litigation – Insurance and Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, 2019
- Peer-Review Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Martindale-Hubbell
Presentations & Publications
- “How to Avoid the Hot Seat: Good Claims Handling in Arizona,” Presenter, JSH Annual Seminar: It’s All Fun and Games Until Someone Gets Hurt, November 2014
- “The Arizona Supreme Court Considers the Preclusive Effect of Damron Agreement Stipulations on Subsequent Coverage Disputes,” Author, Record Reporter, July 2014
- “Equal Consideration Does Not Require Overpayment,” Author, JSH Reporter, Summer 2014
University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1995
University of San Diego, B.B.A., Finance, 1990