This program will feature in-depth discussions of all aspects of practice before Arizona’s busiest appellate courts. Nearly all of the ten judges appointed to Division 1 and Division 2 of the Court of Appeals since 2016 will answer questions about their new roles on the bench. Top practitioners, government officials, court staff, and judges will give practical and strategic insights on working with the court of appeals.
Topics will include:
- How the recently appointed judges see things from the other side of the bench.
- How to write better briefs
- How to deal with procedural issues that come up before, after, and during an appeal
- How to handle ethical issues that often come up in appeals
- Discussion of significant recent appellate decisions
- How the judges, clerks, and staff attorneys process a case from beginning to end
When: Friday, November 30th, 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Where: Doubletree Hilton Tempe, Phoenix
Lori Voepel leads the firm’s Appellate Department. She has handled over 300 federal and state appeals in virtually every area of the law, including governmental liability, medical and legal malpractice, employment law, civil rights, insurance defense and bad faith, product liability, school law, prison liability, administrative law, commercial law, construction law, airline liability, criminal law, workers’ compensation, and family law.