Ashley Caballero-Daltrey is part of the firm’s appellate team where she represents clients in federal and state appellate matters and dispositive motions. Before joining JSH, Ashley worked as a law clerk for Vice Chief Justice Ann Scott Timmer of the Arizona Supreme Court. She focuses her practice on municipal law, personal injury, bad faith, and premises liability. Ashley has published articles and spoken on appellate issues including appeals for grazing permits on public lands, unique citation issues, and special action procedures.
While earning her law degree, Ashley served as editor-in-chief of the Arizona Law Review and worked as a research assistant for the second edition of Cases and Materials on Advanced Torts: Economic and Dignitary Torts. Ashley also participated in several moot court competitions.
In her spare time, Ashley enjoys learning new languages (she’s advanced in French and proficient in German), reading, and horseback riding.
Presentations & Publications
- “Arizona Appeals Court Upholds Justification Defense Under A.R.S. § 13-409 And Remands For Sanctions Against City,” JSH Law Alert, Co-Author, November 2023
- “Special Action Practice in AZ Appellate Courts,” Co-Presenter, AZ PRIMA Quarterly Meeting, October 2023
- “Arizona Court of Appeals Holds that UIM Statute Does Not Allow Off-Highway Vehicle Exclusion,” JSH Law Alert, Co-Author, August 2023
- “Arizona Court of Appeals Holds that Bifurcation is Constitutional in Cases Involving Roadway Design Affirmative Defense,” JSH Law Alert, Co-Author, August 2023
- “United States Supreme Court Holds That Pure Legal Issues Do Not Need To Be Renewed In Post-Trial Motion To Preserve Argument On Appeal,” JSH Law Alert, Co-Author, May 2023
- “Arizona Supreme Court Addresses Viability Of Respondeat Superior Claim After Dismissal of Employee,” JSH Law Alert, Co-Author, April 2023
- “Arizona Supreme Court Holds Statements By Radio Talk Show Host Regarding Political Figure Are Protected By The First Amendment,” JSH Law Alert, Co-Author, April 2023
- “Meeting Minutes Attached To Complaint Can Demonstrate That A Claim Had Accrued For Notice of Claim Purposes,” JSH Law Alert, Co-Author, February 2023
- “Court of Appeals Rules That Receivership Actions Are Not Subject To Notice Of Claim Requirements,” JSH Law Alert, Co-Author, January 2023
- U.S. Supreme Court Rules That Favorable Termination For Fourth Amendment Malicious Prosecution Claim Need Not Show Affirmative Indication of Innocence,” JSH Law Alert, Author, April 2022
- “What Are You Signaling? The Changing Landscape of Citation Culture,” Arizona Attorney Magazine, April 2022
- “Arizona’s Anti-SLAPP Statute Applies to Noise Complaints,” JSH Law Alert, Author, February 2022
- “Punitive Damages are Potentially Recoverable for Crash Involving Cellphone Usage,” JSH Law Alert, Co-Author, November 2021
- Federal Appeals Handbook: Guidance for Appealing Grazing Decisions, University of Arizona Cooperative Extension, 2019
University of Arizona’s James E. Rogers College of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2020
Recipient of CALI Award for Professional Responsibility; State and Local Taxation; Legal Process, Analysis & Writing
University of Redlands, B.A., summa cum laude, French and International Relations, 2014