Dave Stout concentrates his practice primarily in the area of trucking and transportation defense. He is a member of the firm’s Rapid Response Team, a dedicated group of experienced attorneys who are on-call to provide counsel and guidance when a trucking or transportation-related accident occurs. In addition, Dave also represents clients in matters involving wrongful death and personal injury, product liability, general civil litigation, and dram shop.
Throughout his 12 years of practice, Dave has served as lead counsel in numerous trials, and has participated in hundreds of arbitrations, mediations, and informal settlement negotiations. In his free time, he is an avid hiker and skier – depending on the season.
- Obtained defense verdict in favor of a motor carrier involved in a rear-end motor vehicle accident on Interstate 10.
- Served as lead counsel representing a major motor carrier where liability was conceded. After a one-week trial, jury returned a defense-friendly verdict that was a fraction of Plaintiff’s pre-trial settlement offer.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a car vs. motorcycle accident where liability was disputed.
- Served as lead counsel representing a construction manager in a wrongful death claim involving a four-story fall at copper mine. After a two-week trial, obtained a favorable settlement on client’s behalf.
- Obtained dismissal in personal injury action based on Plaintiff’s failure to obtain a reassignment from worker’s compensation carrier.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel, Young Lawyers Division, Board of Directors, 2009-2011
- Arizona State University Chi Phi Fraternity, Alumni Advisor
Professional Recognition & Awards
- Southwest Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2013-2020
- Peer Review Rating of 5.0 out of 5.0 by Martindale Hubbell
Presentations & Publications
- “Tips for Leveraging Postponed Trials to Get Best Settlements,” Co-Presenter, USLAW NETWORK’s Worldwide Virtual Retreat, October 2020
- “Hot Topics in Motor Carrier Litigation,” Co-Presenter, June 2019
- “It Costs What?! The Use of Medical Billing Experts and the Effect on Settlement and Verdicts,” Presenter, USLAW NETWORK Transportation and Logistics Exchange, February 2019
- “State of Arizona Compendium of Law,” Co-Author, USLAW NETWORK’s National Compendium of Law, 2017
- “Arbitration Basics: Strategy for Discovery and Hearing Preparation,” Presenter, AADC’s Young Lawyers Division Fall CLE, November 2016
- “Has Exposure to Punitive Damages Increased in Arizona?,” Author, JSH Reporter, Summer 2015
- “Taking The Bite Out Of Damages: Recoverability, Legal Defenses, and Current Trends,” Presenter, JSH Annual Seminar: It’s All Fun and Games Until Someone Gets Hurt, November 2014
- “Practitioners Beware: Unfavorable Allegations and Disclosure Can Be Used Against Your Client,” Author, JSH Reporter, Summer 2014
- Discussion Facilitator, Great West’s Annual Convention, March 2012
- “An Overview of Arizona Law,” Presenter, June 2011
- “Dram Shop Liability in Arizona: The Sobering Truth,” Author, News & Views (published by the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of Arizona, Inc.), May/June 2010
Southwestern University School of Law, J.D., 2006
University of Arizona, B.S., 2003
U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 2006
New Mexico, 2020