Joel Habberstad focuses his practice on transportation and general liability defense.
While in law school, he was a legal extern for the U.S. Attorney’s Office, District of Arizona, and the Hon. Judge Orozco of the Arizona Court of Appeals. Before pursuing his law degree, Joel worked as a sales professional in the financial services industry.
Joel grew up in The Dalles, Oregon, a small town on the eastern end of the Columbia River Gorge. Before joining the firm, he was a white-water rafting guide in Oregon and a Bering Sea commercial fisherman based out of Dutch Harbor, Alaska. Fortunately, he no longer has to fish for a living and is now a purely recreational fisherman. Joel also enjoys hunting, skydiving and snowboarding.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch®, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, 2021
Civic & Community Associations
- Arizona HeartWalk, Volunteer, 2008-2010
- Ronald McDonald House, Fundraising Volunteer, 1996-2001
- ASU Night of the Open Door, Volunteer, 2012-Present
Professional Recognition & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch®, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, 2022
Arizona State University, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, J.D., 2014
Willard H. Pedrick Scholar Sports and Entertainment Law Journal
CALI Excellence for the Future Award
Washington State University, B.A., Business Administration and Risk Management, magna cum laude, 2001