Kevin Broerman serves as Trial Group Leader of the firm’s Construction Defect Trial Group. He concentrates his practice on defending claims of bad faith, insurance coverage, professional liability, construction defect, premises liability, personal injury, farming and agricultural, complex commercial litigation, asbestos litigation and general liability.
Kevin frequently coordinates presentations and conferences for industry organizations, including serving as the Insurance Track Co-Chair of USLAW NETWORK’s Client Conference. He is a member of the Arizona Association of Defense Counsel and a past member of the Arizona State Bar Committee on Civil Jury Instructions.
Before earning his law degree, Kevin served in the U.S. Army and was honorably discharged as Field Artillery Captain.
- Gonzalez v. Nguyen, CV-17-0117-PR, 2018 WL 1750505 (Ariz. April 12, 2018) (argued) (reversing and vacating adverse Arizona Court of Appeals memorandum decision, affirming trial court’s decision to vacate $667,000 default judgment, and clarifying meritorious defense standard applicable to default judgments under Ariz.R.Civ.P. 60(c)(6)).
- Wilshire Insurance Company v. Alvardo, et al., 2008 WL 7935047 (Ariz.Super.) (Trial Order) (won declaratory relief action on intentional act exclusion on behalf of Wilshire Insurance. Court found it is appropriate to declare that the insurance policy in question does not cover the acts that were contemplated by Defendant in this matter)
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Past Member
- American Association For Justice, Associate Member
- State Bar of Arizona, Civil Jury Instructions Committee, Past Member
- USLAW NETWORK, Spring 2020 Client Conference, Insurance Track Co-Chair
Professional Recognition & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Insurance Law, 2023
Presentations & Publications
- “Veterans in Law: Then & Now,” Attorney at Law Magazine, November 2020
- “Insurance Coverage in the #MeToo Age,” Presenter, USLAW Spring Client Conference: Insurance Law Educational Track, March 2019
- “The Defense Perspective: Good Hands, Good Neighbors and Bad Faith,” Presenter, 2013
- “Risk Management 101: A Refresher for In-House Counsel,” Author, In House Defense Quarterly (DRI), Spring 2009
Certifications / Specialties
U.S. Army, Captain, Field Artillery (honorable discharge)
Western State University College of Law, J.D., 1992
Arizona State University, B.S., 1983
California (inactive), 1993