Ryan is a fourth-generation Phoenician and a third-generation attorney. He serves as the firm’s hiring partner and the co-chair of the firm’s General Liability and Automobile Liability Defense Trial Group. He’s also on the firm’s Management Committee. Ryan has significant litigation experience in personal injury and wrongful death defense, bad faith and extra-contractual liability defense, premises liability defense, automobile liability defense and product liability defense. He has been recognized as one of Arizona’s Finest Lawyers and also one of The Best Lawyers in America® for product liability litigation defense.
Ryan is married to his college sweetheart Bonnie, who is a teacher. They have two children – a son in college and a daughter in high school. Ryan is an avid sports fan, who supports the Stanford Cardinal, UofA Wildcats, and all other Valley of the Sun’s professional sports teams. In his free time, Ryan enjoys traveling, cheering on his daughter’s volleyball team, helping to run a recreational sports league and interviewing prospective students for Stanford University.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- State Bar of Arizona, Member
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- Claims and Litigation Management (CLM), Member
Civic & Community Associations
- Stanford University Alumni, Interview Program Participant
- Past President and Current Board Member of the Recreation Association of Madison Meadows-Simis (RAMMS), a well-established volunteer organization that provides recreational sports opportunities to children in Phoenix.
- Jones, Skelton & Hochuli’s Recruiting Committee, Chair
- Jones, Skelton & Hochuli’s Management Committee, Member
Professional Recognition & Awards
- Arizona’s Finest Lawyers
- Best Lawyers in America®, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, 2016-2021, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants 2021
- Peer Review Rating of 5.0 out of 5.0 by Martindale Hubbell
University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law, J.D., 2000
Stanford University, B.A., Political Science, 1997
U.S. District Court, District of Arizona