Ravi Patel focuses his practice on defending clients in matters involving employment and civil rights issues, governmental liability, and education defense. Before moving from Texas to Arizona in 2013, Ravi worked at an insurance defense law firm where he represented corporations, municipalities and employers in civil rights and employment matters, including Title VII, FMLA, ADA, and wrongful termination. He has also represented clients in FLSA matters and in proceedings before the NLRB.
Early in his career, Ravi worked as plaintiff’s counsel, providing him a unique perspective that makes him particularly adept at understanding both party’s motivation in a lawsuit. Ravi utilizes that understanding to achieve the best available solution for his client. In some cases, that means helping to negotiate a cost-effective resolution for his client; in others it means positioning the case for an effective dismissal on a motion or a favorable outcome at trial.
During law school, Ravi earned the Honorable James L. Noel, Jr., Endowed Scholarship, served as Articles Editor of the International Law Review Association, and participated in the IRS Volunteer Return Preparation Program. He also interned at the Dallas Regional Office of the United States Merit Systems Protection Board, an independent, quasi-judicial agency in the Executive branch that serves as the guardian of Federal merit systems, hearing appeals of employment decisions within the agencies of the Executive Branch.
In his free time, Ravi enjoys relaxing with his wife and their two young daughters.
- Kennedy v. Mohave County, Defendants, No. CV-17-08206-PCT-SPL (Jury found in favor of the defendants on all counts)
- Krause, et al. v. County of Mohave, et al., Defendants-Appellees., 20-16189, 2021 WL 1667042, at *1 (9th Cir. Apr. 28, 2021) (Ninth Circuit affirms summary judgment on all claims in officer-involved shooting case)
- Krause, et al. v. County of Mohave, et al., 3:17-CV-08185, 2020 WL 2541728 (D. Ariz. 2020) (obtained summary judgment on all claims in officer-involved shooting)
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Arizona South Asian Bar Association
- State Bar of Arizona
- State Bar of Texas, Labor and Employment Law Section
Professional Recognition & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch®, Commercial Litigation, 2021-2022
Presentations & Publications
- “Beyond the Charge: Exhaustion of EEOC Administrative Remedies for Events Taking Place During the EEOC Investigation,” Co-Author, USLAW NETWORK Magazine, Spring/Summer 2018, p. 20
Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law, J.D., 2006
Member: Internal Law Review Association
Rice University, B.A., Political Science, 2003
U.S. Courts of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
U.S. Courts of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
U.S. District Courts, District of Arizona
U.S. District Courts, Northern District of Texas
U.S. District Courts, Western District of Texas