Raúl Sedillo focuses primarily in the areas of trucking and transportation, products liability, and personal injury defense, where he defends clients against a variety of litigation claims, including employment, general liability, civil rights, and bad faith insurance litigation. He is a member of the firm’s Transportation & Trucking Rapid Response Team, a dedicated group of experienced attorneys who are on-call to provide counsel and guidance when a trucking or transportation-related accident occurs.
A fourth-generation attorney and New Mexico native, Raúl leads the firm’s New Mexico office. He joins JSH with almost 20 years of litigation defense experience. Raúl is an active member of the New Mexico Hispanic Bar Association and the New Mexico Defense Lawyers Association. In addition, Raúl is regularly honored by industry and media organizations for his work including Martindale-Hubbell, Best Lawyers, and New Mexico Super Lawyers.
In his spare time, Raúl enjoys camping with his wife and three daughters and traveling to Phoenix for Arizona Cardinals games.
- Successfully defended a freight shipping and trucking company against claims of negligence involving workers’ compensation claims in the New Mexico Court of Appeals.
- Served as lead counsel and obtained a very favorable verdict for a motor company in an admitted liability case.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a medical malpractice case where liability was disputed.
- Obtained a dismissal of a case in Northern New Mexico involving a leg amputation due to discovery abuse by the plaintiff.
- Obtained summary judgment in a construction case in which a subcontractor’s employee fell several stories and severely injured himself.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- State Bar of New Mexico
- New Mexico Hispanic Bar Association
- New Mexico Defense Lawyers Association
- Trial Practice Board Member
Professional Recognition & Awards
- New Mexico Super Lawyers, 2018-2021
- New Mexico Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2012-2015
- Best Lawyers in America®, “Lawyer of the Year” in Transportation Law, 2021
- Best Lawyers in America®, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, 2022 and 2024; Professional Malpractice Law – Defendants, 2024
- Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Presentations & Publications
- “Use of EDR Data in Defending Claims,” Author and Presenter, Great West Casualty Company, 2021
University of New Mexico School of Law, J.D., 2002
New Mexico State University, B.S., Criminal Justice, 1999
New Mexico, 2002
U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico, 2002
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, 2002
U.S. Supreme Court