Russ Skelton, a founding partner of Jones, Skelton & Hochuli, retired at the end of 2022, after 50 years of experience focused on medical malpractice defense.
- Obtained unanimous defense verdict in 8-day jury trial, where Plaintiff alleged medical malpractice and $3-million in damages arising from a complex spinal reconstruction surgery. Beckett v. Crandall, November 2016. Maricopa County Superior Court.
- Obtained unanimous defense verdict for surgeon in $3-million medical malpractice case, where jury deliberated for 10 minutes following the 8-day jury trial. Confidential matter. November 2019. Maricopa County Superior Court.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Member
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- Arizona State Bar, Committee on Character and Fitness, Past Member
- International Association of Defense Counsel, Past Member
Professional Recognition & Awards
For more than 30 years, Russ has earned the distinction of being AV® Preeminent™ Rated by Martindale-Hubbell. Since 1995, he has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America® in the areas of Medical Malpractice Law—Defendants and Workers’ Compensation Law—Employers. Since 2007, he has been recognized by Southwest Super Lawyers. In 2016, Russ was named to AzBusiness Magazine’s “Top 100 Lawyers in Arizona” list, and in 2022 he was listed in Phoenix Magazine’s inaugural Top Lawyers guide.
University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law, J.D., 1969
University of Arizona, B.S., 1966
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit