Erica Spurlock focuses her practice in the areas of automobile and commercial trucking defense, employment defense, and other personal injury, wrongful death and general liability defense. During law school, Erica participated in the Housing, Employment, Family and Disability Civil Litigation Clinic as a licensed student-attorney. She also worked as a law clerk for the criminal division of the Attorney General’s Office and at The Law Offices of Diane Miller. She was also a summer law clerk for Jones, Skelton & Hochuli.
Outside of the office, Erica enjoys cheering for the Green Bay Packers, spending time with her bulldog, Meatball, and expanding her culinary abilities. Erica also coaches club and recreational middle school girls’ basketball teams and aims to be a better-dressed Pat Summit. She speaks conversational French and was a member of her college’s Alpine Ski Team, racing slalom and giant slalom.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Defense Research Institute (DRI), Young Lawyers Committee, Member
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel (AADC), Member
Presentations & Publications
- “Taking an Eraser to the Blackboard: New Strategies for Combatting the Ever-Increasing Cost of Medical Care in Litigation,” Co-Author, The JSH Reporter, Spring 2018
- “Assault and Battery Endorsements: Is it Really Last Call on Bar Liability Coverage?” Co-author, JSH Reporter, Fall 2017
- “Taking an Eraser to the Blackboard: New Strategies for Combatting the Ever-Increasing Cost of Medical Care in Litigation,” Co-Author, USLAW Magazine, Fall/Winter 2017, p. 32
Boston University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2015
Dean’s Award First Amendment, Journal of Science and Technology
Tufts University, B.A., Political Science and Art History, cum laude, 2012
U.S. District Court, District of Arizona