For nearly 20 years, Gary Linder has focused his defense practice primarily in the areas of civil and tort/negligence. He represents officers and directors in matters involving professional liability, construction defect, auto and aviation product liability, and wrongful death and personal injury. Gary also maintains a significant dram shop practice, and has handled more than 100 dram shop cases in almost every populated county in Arizona. His experience in this area includes any type of claim that could arise under a policy issued to a bar or restaurant, including premises liability, and assault and excessive force claims.
Gary co-chairs the firm’s Professional Liability, Bad Faith and Complex Litigation Trial Group, and serves on the JSH Management Committee and Marketing Committee. Prior to joining JSH, Gary worked for State Farm Insurance.
Away from the office, Gary enjoys attending Arizona Cardinals games, and traveling with his wife and three children.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- USLAW Network, Professional Liability Committee, Past Secretary
- Professional Liability Attorney Network (PLAN), Member
- Council of Litigation Management (CLM), Arizona Chair
- Claims and Litigation Management (CLM), Member
Professional Recognition & Awards
Gary has earned a 5.0 / 5.0 Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell. Since 2016, he has been listed in Best Lawyers in America in the areas of Personal Injury Litigation and Product Liability Litigation – Defendants. In 2021, he is further recognized in the area of Commercial Litigation. Gary has been recognized by Southwest Super Lawyers since 2017.
Presentations & Publications
- “Social Inflation and Other Factors Driving Liability Claim Costs,” Presenter at the 2020 Claims & Litigation Management (CLM) Focus Conference, November 2020
- “Assault and Battery – Emerging Trends in from the Hospitality Industry,” Co-presenter at Workers Compensation and Retail, Restaurant & Hospitality Conference, June 2020
- “State Judicial Profiles by County 2019-2020,” Contributor, USLAW Network
- “The Nuts and Bolts of Defending a Dram Shop Case,” Local First Liquor Liability Seminar, February 2017
- “The Nuts and Bolts of Defending a Dram Shop Case,” Arizona Association of Defense Counsel Advocacy Luncheon, January 2015
- “Defending The Questionable Traumatic Brain Injury Claim,” Jones, Skelton & Hochuli Client Seminar, November 2014
- “Early Claims Investigation and Evaluation,” Jones, Skelton & Hochuli Client Seminar, October 2013
- “Hot Trends in Valley Construction: An Interactive Discussion with Legal and Insurance Perspectives,” 2006
- CNA Insurance Regarding Risk Management for Attorneys, Instructor
- Council of Litigation Management Regarding Complex Discovery and Use of Experts, Instructor
University of Missouri-Columbia, J.D., 1999
University of Missouri-Columbia, B.S., Corporate Finance and Real Estate, cum laude, 1996