As the Chair of JSH’s Commercial Practice Group, Alex focuses his practice on business litigation and products liability. His current and former clients include some of the nation’s most successful product manufacturers and third-party fulfillment/online sellers.
Alex is also a successful serial entrepreneur whose experiences running start-up companies provide him with a unique perspective as both a provider and consumer of legal services. He leverages his uniquely versatile skillset/experience during litigation to achieve efficient and favorable outcomes for his clients.
- Tried a seven-figure wrongful death fire case involving complex statutory and causation issues to a defense verdict.
- Tried a seven-figure wrongful death trucking case involving complex issues of state and federal law to a unanimous defense verdict.
- Trial team in a six-figure engine fire case involving claims for breach of contract, breach of warranty, and negligence that settled favorably on the eve of trial.
- Trial team in a seven-figure auto-accident case involving claims for negligence that settled on the eve of trial.
- Trial team in a six-figure premises liability claim resolved favorably after successful pretrial motion practice.
- Trial team in a six-figure medical malpractice action resulting in a defense verdict.
- First chair in a landlord-tenant case that resolved favorably via voluntary dismissal with prejudice on the first day of trial.
- Summary judgment in a six-figure construction defect case involving claims for breach of contract, breach of warranty and negligence.
- Summary judgment in multiple five- and six-figure premises liability matters.
- Summary judgment in multiple internet defamation lawsuits involving claims of trade libel and tortious interference with contract.
- First chair in a seven-figure wrongful death case with four statutory beneficiaries and complex issues of federal and state law, which resulted in unanimous defense verdict.
Professional Recognition & Awards
- Southwest Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2022
Presentations & Publications
Alex frequently presents on the intersection of law and entrepreneurship at ASU’s W.P. Carey School of Business and the University of Arizona’s Eller College of Management. His entrepreneurial endeavors have been covered by national media outlets, including CBS, NBC and Fox, as well as local outlets including on the cover of the Phoenix Business Journal and the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law Alumni Newsletter (discussing alumni who are “blazing trails” in creative ways).
- “Secrets to Making money in the Crypto World,” Eliances Power Panel, Featured Panelist, April 2022
- “Pulp Fiction” and Beyond: The Future of NFT Litigation,” USLAW Magazine, Co-Author, March 2022
- “Alex LaCroix: The Moonlighting Entrepreneur,” Featured Alumni, Newsletter – Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law Graduates: Where Are They Now?
- “Super Soldiers (Part 2): The Ethical, Legal and Operational Implications,” Contributing Author, Global Issues and Ethical Considerations in Human Enhancement Technologies, April 2014
- “Enhanced Warfighter: Risk, Ethics, and Policy,” a report funded by the Greenwall Foundation, Contributing Author, 2013
Arizona State University, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, J.D., 2012
Moot Court Participant & Award Winner
Sports and Entertainment Law Journal, Senior Editor & Director of Business Affairs
University of Arizona, B.S., Entrepreneurship, B.S., Marketing, summa cum laude, with Honors, 2008
U.S. District Court, District of Arizona